What Insurance Companies Don’t Want you to Know About How They Handle Your Auto Claim
Following a personal injury claim there are many aspects that insurance companies may prefer customers not to be fully aware of regarding how they handle a claim. These can include:
- Your right to legal representation: Insurance companies may not emphasize or encourage policyholders to seek legal representation when filing a claim. Having an attorney can help protect your rights and ensure you receive fair compensation.
- Lowballing settlement offers: Some insurance companies may initially offer low settlement amounts in the hopes that policyholders will accept them without questioning or negotiating. It’s important to carefully evaluate any settlement offer and consider consulting with an attorney to ensure you receive a fair and adequate compensation.
- Delays in claim processing: Insurance companies may use tactics to delay the claims process, such as requesting unnecessary documentation or repeatedly asking for additional information. These delays can be frustrating for policyholders who are seeking prompt resolution.
- Policy exclusions and limitations: Insurance policies often contain exclusions and limitations that may not be fully disclosed or explained in detail. Policyholders may be unaware of certain restrictions that could affect their ability to make a claim or receive compensation.
- Impact on premiums: Some insurance companies may not provide clear information about how filing a claim could impact future premiums. Policyholders may be surprised to see significant premium increases following an at-fault accident.
- The right to challenge claim denials: Policyholders have the right to challenge claim denials if they believe their claim was wrongfully rejected. However, insurance companies may not readily inform customers about their options for disputing denied claims.
It’s essential to thoroughly read and understand your insurance policy, ask questions, and consider seeking legal advice if you feel your insurance company is not acting in good faith or treating you fairly. Consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney who specializes in handling insurance claims can help ensure you are aware of your rights and receive the compensation you deserve.
About Coffman Law Offices, P.C.
Coffman Law is Chicago’s leading personal injury law firm and is committed to providing superb legal representation for people who are suffering from severe personal injuries or are dealing with the loss of a loved one due to negligence or misconduct. Coffman Law is results-driven law firm focused on ensuring that clients receive the compassion, attention, and consideration that they need to seek adequate compensation for injuries or loss. The firm is led by Owner and Founding Partner Brian Coffman, who has dedicated his career to helping accident victims navigate the legal system and obtain compensation for their injuries.